The IMPAKT Investment Foundation (IIF) founded in January 2019, with the aim to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Foundation continues to pursue activities of entrepreneurship support launched by the SDC-funded Youth Employment Project (YEP). The Foundation’s work is governed by the principles of sustainability, partnership and transparency. In order to secure sustainability of the Foundation, this request for project extension focuses on the operationalisation of the Foundation’s activities under the existing YEP project. It consists of a 2-year support for its activities, growth and development.
The overall goal of the IIF in the period April 2020 to April 2022 is support to development of employment opportunities for youth. The focus is now placed on collaboration with cities and municipalities and how to better support inclusion of young people into the labour market, with a particular focus on self-employment and entrepreneurship. Activities are focused on improvement of the entrepreneurship ecosystem and increase availability of sustainable expert and financial support to businesses in achieving their business and social objectives and targets.
The project aims to support better integration of young women and men into B&H’s labour market by creating sustainable changes through activities of the Impakt Investment Foundation (IIF). The IIF has been founded in January 2019, with the aim to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Foundation continues to pursue activities of entrepreneurship support launched by the Youth Employment Project (YEP). The Foundation’s work is governed by the principles of sustainability, partnership and transparency. In order to secure the Foundation’s sustainability, SDC and GOPA are focused on the operationalization of the Foundation’s activities under the existing YEP project.
The project intervention contains three key specific objectives:
- Improved cooperation of stakeholders on local level in the provision of entrepreneurial support;
- Developed innovative financial and expert support mechanisms for entrepreneurship;
- Increased capacity and visibility of the Impact Investment Foundation.
Objective of the assignment (part-time position)
- To prepare fundraising plan and situation analyses on financial position of the IIF from perspective of fundraising and projects implementation.
- To analyze accounting and reporting of the running projects is accurate (depending on success in fundraising), timely and in accordance with the grant agreements.
- To develop action plan for capacity building based on the capacity of the finance management function assessment (people, process and systems) including its current organization structure and potential or current donors.
- To support the project team in preparation of budgets for different donors that are in the development (available upon requests)
- To organize coaching on the project cycle management from fundraising perspective
Key results of the assignment are:
- Fundraising function assessment
- Fundraising strategy with clearly defined goals and time frame, and in accordance with the instructions of the Foundation
- Creating and replenishing the donor base from the governmental / non-governmental and corporative sectors
- Developed action plan for improvement of the fundraising function
- Fundraising activities
- Support entrepreneurs from the IMPAKT business idea incubator (PCM/fundraising trainings and mentoring sessions)
At the end of the assignment expert will deliver following documents:
- Fundraising action plan
- Fundraising activities, prepared at least one application for fundraising a month
- Training and mentoring sessions within the IMPAKT business idea incubator
Profile of the expert needed
The expert will have:
- Proven successful track record in fundraising for non-profit sector
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in fundraising for non-profit sector
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong motivation to identify with vision, mission and values of Foundation
If interested, please send your CV (Europass) and Motivational letter to email@example.com (e-mail headline “FUNDRAISING SPECIALIST”) by October 8th.